torsdag, november 17, 2005

Hotellexplosioner som tjänar både Bushs och Sharons intresse

Explosionerna på de tre hotellen i Jordanien nyligen banar väg för både Bush och Sharon. Nu när president Bush aldrig haft så dåliga opinionssiffror och starka republikanska röster höjts om ett amerikanskt trupptillbakadragande. Samtidigt som premiärminister Sharon kan se fram emot ett mer fogligt palestinskt samarbete.



Did Israel have Prior Knowledge of the Amman 11/9 Terror Attacks?

by Michel Chossudovsky November 13, 2005



Did Israel have prior knowledge of the terror attacks on three hotels in Amman, Jordan, which led to the death of 57 people?


According to an official Jordanian statement, the casualties included 33 Jordanians, six Iraqis, two Bahrainis, three Chinese, an Indonesian, a Syrian, a Saudi and an American.


Israeli Citizens evacuated prior to the Blast


At least two authoritative news sources cast doubt on the official version of events. According to Haaretz, Israel managed, with the cooperation of the Jordanian security forces, to discreetly evacuate several Israeli citizens prior to the blast, who were staying at the Radisson SAS hotel:


"A number of Israelis staying yesterday at the Radisson SAS were evacuated before the bombing by Jordanian security forces, apparently due to a specific security alert. They were escorted back to Israel by security personnel.


The Foreign Ministry stated yesterday that no Israeli tourists are known to have been injured in the blasts. Representatives of Israel's embassy in Amman were I contact with local authorities to examine any report of injured Israelis, but none were received."(Scores dead in three Amman hotel bombings; Israelis evacuated before attack, by Yoav Stern and Zohar Blumenkrantz, Haaretz, 9 November 2005, italics added)


Moreover, a report published in The Los Angeles Times, quoting an authoritative source, also suggests that Israeli intelligence had prior knowledge of the attacks and failed to intervene:


"Amos N. Guiora, a former senior Israeli counter-terrorism official, said in a phone interview with The Times that sources in Israel had also told him about the pre-attack evacuations.


"It means there was excellent intelligence that this thing was going to happen," said Guiora, a former leader of the Israel Defense Forces who now heads the Institute for Global Security Law and Policy at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland.
(LA Times, 11 November 2005)


According to Amos N. Guiora:


"The question that needs to be answered is why weren't the Jordanians working at the hotel similarly removed?" (quoted in LA Times, op. cit)


Retraction


No doubt under pressure from both the Israeli and Jordanian authorities, Yoav Stern and Zohar Blumenkrantz who authored the first report in Haaretz on November 9, retracted their statement to the effect that the Israeli citizens had been evacuated prior to the blast:


"There is no truth to reports that Israelis staying at the Radisson SAS hotel in Amman on Wednesday were evacuated by Jordanian security forces before the bombing that took place there.


The Israelis were escorted back to Israel by Jordanian security personnel only after the attacks had taken place, contrary to earlier reports." (No truth to report of Israeli evacuations before Amman bombs, By Yoav Stern, Haaretz, 10 November 2005)


Ironically, the following day, in the November 11 issue of Haaretz, the retraction had been retracted. The author's of the November 9 article Yoav Stern and Zohar Blumenkrantz had reaffirmed their earlier report:


An Israeli Arab businessman was one of the casualties in the multi-pronged terror attacks, the Foreign Ministry in Jerusalem said Thursday. Two high-ranking Palestinian security officials were also said to be among the dead. ...It was still unclear whether there were any other Israeli casualties in the attack. (...)


Hours before the bombings, many Israelis were evacuated from the Radisson SAS, one of the hotels hit in the attacks, apparently due to a specific security alert." (Haaretz, 11 November 2005, italics added).


Head of Palestinian Intelligence dies in Attacks


Three high-ranking Palestinian intelligence officials including Maj.-Gen. Bashir Nafeh, head of the Palestinian Authority's military intelligence and Col. Abed Allun, a high-ranking Preventive Security forces official, who were staying at the Hyatt Hotel were also killed in the blast. .


In this regard, Russian analyst Shamil Sultanov of the Russian Duma's International Affairs Committee has pointed to an "Israeli connection". According to Sultanov, in a radio interview, the death of Maj General Bashir Nafeh "has furthered the chances of Muhammad Dahlan"


(who currently occupies the position of Minister of Civilian Affairs), to replace Mahmud Abbas as leader of the Palestinian National Authority. Sultanov suggests that this change in leadership within the Palestinian Authority would serve Israeli interests:


"If you consider these blasts, there are two key points, from my point of view. First, Jordan is a key player here for the Americans. The stance of the new king, Abdallah II, who, by the way is half-English, is fairly complex because contradictions have arisen between the old Jordanian team and the king in the last six months, even the last year.


And in principle what has just happened is a very good opportunity for Abdallah II to make certain changes, to put it mildly, to his team and to strengthen his personal authority, and so on.


And the second theory I adhere to is the Israeli connection. Abu-Mazin [Mahmud Abbas], the leader of the Palestinian National Authority, is seriously ill. And many believe that his Fatah party may not win with such a leader, that it will definitely not win the parliamentary elections scheduled to take place in the next few months. So for a very large number of players - for the Americans, for Israel, for Sharon, for the Egyptians -


[Palestinian Minister of Civilian Affairs Muhammad] Dahlan would be the optimal player and politician to replace Abu-Mazin. In that sense, these explosions, and in particular the murder, as a result of one of the blasts, of Bashir Nafi, the Palestinian National Authority's military intelligence chief in the West Bank, is, from my point of view, a clearing of the way for Dahlan."( Radio Mayak, Moscow, in Russian, 1214 gmt 11 Nov 05, BBC Monitoring)


This Russian viewpoint is consistent with other assessments on the role of Dahlan, who actively collaborated from 1994 to 2001 with the Israeli IDF and Shin Bet in the crackdown and arrest of Hamas leaders. According to GlobalSecurity.org:


"Both Israel and the US [have] groomed Dahlan as a successor to Arafat" .


Chinese Defense Delegation


According to CNN, there were three Chinese "students" among the dead. The official reports, however, confirm that the three Chinese were in fact members of a Chinese Defense delegation to Jordan from China's National Defense University.


Beijing has rushed a high level investigative team integrated by China's ministries of Foreign Affairs and Defense to Amman with a view to investigating the deaths of the three Chinese military personnel.


Moreover, Dr Ghalib Abd-al-Mahdi, a senior Iraqi economic official and brother of Iraqi Vice-President Adil Abd-al-Mahdi, was also killed in the blasts


Joint Intelligence Agreement between Israel and Jordan


According to an Israeli radio report, the attacks have open the way towards the signing of a joint intelligence agreement between Israel and Jordan.


"Jordan is in the process of signing a joint security agreement and the establishment of an operations room for combating terrorism in cooperation with Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the Palestinian National Authority." (Journalist quoted in Jordanian foreign minister's news conference, 13 November 2005)


Media Disinformation


The attacks were immediately described by the Western media, without corroborating evidence and prior to the conduct of an investigation, " as bearing the hallmarks of Al Qaeda."


A statement allegedly written by "Al Qaeda in Iraq" was posted on a mysterious Islamist website. The web posting, which claimed responsibility for the attacks,. stated that the attacks were in response to "the conspiracy against the Sunnis whose blood and honor were shed by Crusaders and the Shiites".


Aired on network TV around the World, the attacks were followed by organized mass rallies and demonstrations across Amman directed against terrorist mastermind Al Zarqawi.


What the Western media, however, has failed to report, is the atmosphere of disbelief and skepticism which characterizes Jordanian public opinion. Openly discussed and debated on the streets of Amman, as confirmed by a recent article in the New York Times (November 12, 2005), many Jordanians believe that Israel is behind the bombings.

----------------


How strange there suddenly is a tape and......
...The speaker on the tape, identified as Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, also said the group’s suicide bombers did not intend to bomb a Jordanian wedding party at an Amman hotel last week, killing about 30 people,” reports the Guardian.


“Al-Zarqawi said the bomber who detonated his explosives in the Radisson SAS hotel on Nov. 9 was targeting a hall where he claimed Israelis and American intelligence officials were meeting.


In fact, the only officials meeting at the Radisson belonged to the Palestinian Authority and the Chinese government. In fact, all Israelis were evacuated prior to the attacks. Of course, we are now told they did not receive a forewarning, as this would not jive with the official story.


So Haaretz, having jumped the gun and reporting the story soon after the bombings, flushed the original story from its website and posted a bogus bit of nonsense saying they had been wrong....
The owner of the SAS Radisson hotel Mary Nazzal-Batayneh has sent this press release:


"....We very briefly want to set the record straight on 2 points.

Firstly, news reports have been indicating that the Radisson SAS was specifically attacked because it is an American hotel and has hosted Israelis. I want to make it clear that the Radisson SAS is a Scandinavian chain and owned by Palestinian-Jordanians.


Furthermore, the Radisson SAS owners and staff represent the strongest supporters out of all the hotels in Jordan for the Palestinian and Iraqi people. We have expressed our support throughout the decades and will continue to do so."


Samtidigt har så mycket udda framkommit i denna historia att idag ett nytt spökmeddelande kom från den till synes återuppståndna Zarkawi, att han gjort ett misstag med denna hotellbombning.


Han skall också ha meddelat sig ligga bakom nya stora sprängningar i Irak.


Samtidigt har en terroristmisstänkt 18-årig svensk-bosnier gripits på Balkan, efter att brittisk underrättelsetjänst anklagat honom för att ha umgåtts med Zarqawi i Irak och skött dennes hemsida. Hans mamma avfärdar alla dessa uppgifter.


Vi kan räkna med en Fortsättning följer....

0 Comments:

<< Home